When I worked in a large corporation and I was in the process of accruing vacation days, I actually enjoyed working around the holidays. That week between Christmas and New Year's Day are especially terrific.
I would take the opportunity to file those piles of papers on my desk and clean out my emails. Without distractions such as phone calls and a boss dropping by for updates, I got amazing amounts of stuff accomplished.
Even though I no longer work for a large company, I still enjoy the slower pace as clients start taking their well deserved time off.
This year I am taking a few days to get organized to start 2015 off on the right foot.
Here's what I am including in my year end clean up.
Year End Clean Up Tasks
- Make sure all my social profiles have my new website after my mid-year re-brand.
- Update my social profiles with a new photo. My current one is a year and a half old.
- Close all my abandoned social accounts. I am streamlining them and sticking with just one profile on each network. No more business and personal accounts -- just one!
- Create new a new Twitter background to reflect current branding.
- Organize my massive downloads folder, cluttered with stock photos and fonts galore.
- Back up client files to Dropbox.
- Back up my business files to Dropbox.
- Take the time to add a client portfolio to my website.
- Check domain names and hosting accounts. Stop auto-renewal for those domains I no longer use.
- Make a new banner for my Creative Market shop.
- Organize my receipts in preparation for tax time.
I'm sure I'll think of other things to add.
Do you do any year end clean up tasks?